Thursday, September 25, 2008

All work and no play...

I had "one of those days" at work today. Due to a coworker going on holiday and 2 coworkers quitting I've done the work of 3 people (plus covered the front desk at lunch) for the past 2 days. I have not had a moment to think lately! In two days I've only managed to type 2 reports as I've been interrupted constantly. It's very frustrating for me. I don't mind being interrupted for important things (for example a doctor needed a presentation made so I helped Charlotte do that) it's the little stupid, inane things that drive me nuts. I need a good stiff drink!

So I'm waiting with bated breath for the SPCA to come knocking at my door. On Tuesday Mush took it upon herself to eat a large amount of dark chocolate (highly toxic to dogs). I had to induce vomiting and clean up the resulting mess. Before inducing vomiting I called my vet to see whether or not I should induce vomiting. Yesterday I found Maya drinking out of the toilet bowl...no big deal right? WRONG! I don't normally mind animals drinking out of the toilet bowl, it's clean water so who cares. Yesterday however, there was toilet bowl cleaner in the aforementioned toilet. SO, I called the vet again. As it turns out there was nothing to worry about but they're going to think I'm intentionally trying to kill my dogs! Bloody animals!

No comments: