Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Car Crazy

We experienced the joys of shopping for a used, oh I'm sorry, "pre-owned" car today. It's amazing the crap they try to pass off as decent. We took a pretty red car for a test drive, barely made it to the end of the street and it overheated. The second one had been in a wreck (although according to the salesman it was in pristine condition) the paint didn't match on some of the panels, the airbags had been previously deployed and the brakes didn't work, but other than that, it was in pristine condition. Also, the salesman was creepy, kept looking at me, asked Chris if I was his wife...spooky. The final car we drove today (this is after looking at approximately 5,000,000 cars) had a dodgy gear box. Oh the humanity!
It doesn't help that we have different ideas as to what type of car to get. I'm looking for something cheap, economical and reliable. Chris is looking for a bloody thunderbird or something, in mint condition that's on sale for $0.50. Men, can't live with 'em, can't kill them and bury the body under the floorboards.
I start work tomorrow, it'll be a long haul from here but once we move it will be a hop skip and a jump from home.
Chris has a second interview tomorrow with the same engineering firm he had the interview yesterday. I think they'll probably take him (why wouldn't they, he's a genious).
I've got a splitting headache. I've had it for about 3 hours now and I'm at the point where I'd just like to kill myself so that I don't have to put up with it any more. I'll give the pain killers another 10 minutes (I only took them about 10 minutes ago) then I'm throwing myself off a bridge.

No comments: