Monday, November 19, 2007

Who needs sleep anyway?

I've had a horrible couple of nights for sleeping. Last night I dreamed that I was in a strange country/city/planet (who knows) and they were cutting the spines out of dead people and grafting them (the spines) onto living people so that the dead people would still be alive. I have no idea how that would work but that's how my subconscious thinks immortality will be achieved. Weirdly, I've been dreaming about a lady at work. (Not in that way you perv!) in my dreams I always deeply disappoint her in some way. It's bizarre. We don't really interact much day to day. I did discover something potentially useful last night. I noticed a bit of a trend. When I have difficulty getting to sleep (like last night) I end up having a reaction in the middle of the night. Last night I went to bed at 10.4 tossed and turned all night then at about 1 am I woke up and I was 2.2.

Christopher is making a chicken curry for supper and it smells delicious. We're taking turns cooking and doing other household chores because I was feeling a bit burnt out with doing it all the time.

We left Mush out and about in the house today, we half expected to come home to a catastrophe but apart from an ugly flower arrangement having been demolished, the house was in pristine condition (perhaps Mush was simply saying she didn't approve of the flower arrangement?)


We've got Bob the carpenter coming round soon (I always want to call him Bob the builder but I'm too mature to do that). We're hoping he'll put in new kitchen counter tops for us. Chris could do it but he doesn't have an appropriate saw for cutting arborite so we thought we'd hire a professional.

We're going to have to get a new sliding door for the patio, it's a gale force wind in our dining room...and that's with the door closed. We might actually put in French doors (Chris can install). It's wonderful having a handy husband. I don't know how people cope with an inept husband, we'd definitely be in the poor house with all the home improvements we've been doing.

No comments: