Friday, July 3, 2009

A Heartless Murderer in my own house!

I got up to let the dogs out this morning and noticed a male robin sitting on the neighbour's roof cheeping in a most distressed manor. I couldn't figure out why until I saw the carnage that my beloved Murdoch had wreaked upon a female robin (presumably sad man's mate).

Murdoch was looking at me as if to say "do you like the gift I brought you?"
I was like "no you jerk!"
Now he's offended and is giving me the cold shoulder. I can't believe he'd even be able to take down a robin, he's dumber than a brick and de-clawed. Amazing.

We've still got lots of red winged blackbirds, common grackles, house finches, sparrows, chickadees and magpies to keep us company. Also, I assume this wasn't the only pair of robins in the neighbourhood. I'll have to teach him to kill the pigeons instead, they're a bloody curse!

On another note. Kristy is coming to live in Calgary at the end of the month. She's driving up with the kids (Erik will drive the u-haul) on the 22nd (it will probably take a few days to get here but yippee! I get to see my god kids).

No comments: