Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Politics

Chris and I watched the election coverage last night. (Of course, we both voted as well). I was overjoyed to see that the conservatives did so well. The last thing we need going into a recession is parties (NDP, Liberals) hemorrhaging money out of us like there's no tomorrow. I'm not a fan of Jack Layton. Particularly, I found his ads attacking Harper and Dion to be in poor taste and a sign of someone who doesn't have much, if anything, to offer. I was pleased to see the NDP in 4th place (even if that means the Bloq Quebecois was in 3rd - just goes to show, you can't have everything!) I found it amusing to see Dion being such a poor loser. We were watching CTV. Dion lambasted the reporter and said, with MUCH bitterness "I don't have anything to say...especially to CTV". Classic moment. Oh well. I'm happy that Harper won (even if it is a minority government) I feel secure that he won't throw my money around like confetti at a parade and that we (Canadians) might survive the coming recession unscathed.

By the way, it's Chris and I's 2nd anniversary today. I went to the mall to pick up his gift and, shock of all shocks, there was Chris, lurking in the mall shopping for my gift.

No comments: