Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Old dogs, fond memories

Poor old Maya is REALLY slowing down. Even with her medicine she's still limping quite badly. I hadn't noticed before just how different she is now. It used to be that when I would get up to get a drink or go to the washroom that she would get up and follow me (just in case I slip into an inter-dimensional vortex or something). Now, she keeps me in sight and only gets painfully to her feet when I'm out of her sight. She sleeps all day (I was mad at myself for shelling out money for an "orthopedic" bed for her, now I'm glad I did as I'm sure it's more comfortable for her than the floor). I'm not sure what to do about my old lady. She's still enjoying life, not in much pain. I don't want her to suffer, but at the same time I don't want to put her to sleep too soon. I'm hoping she'll let me know when it's time. In the meantime I'll cuddle her as much as possible and remember her as my good dog.

I have been offered a job with the CHR, it's basically the same job I'm already doing but it won't be through the temp agency. It's kind of weird when I was at Godfrey Morrow I worked 5 days a week. Working for the CHR I'll be working a .5 rotation (2.5 days/week) and making more money. The only downside is that it's a union position. I suppose one could think of that as a good thing but I'm very much anti union. They (unions) do have their place but with all the government regulation I think they're mostly just a vehicle for squeezing the living hell out of employers. Oh well, maybe I'll have a moment and run for union rep or something. Anyway my interview is tomorrow. Let's just hope I don't screw it up (as I usually do!).

No comments: