Sunday, October 21, 2007

Musical Meanderings

When we were first married, I asked my husband if, when we have some money, he would buy me a "real" piano (as opposed to the electric one I've got).. Yesterday we went into Irene Besse (a piano store in town) and saw an antique piano that matches our decor that was within our price range. So, he bought it for me. I'm quite pleased, it's excellent quality. We noticed that the new pianos a) are WAY out of our price range b) are all very shiney and plastic looking c) have laminated soundboards vs solid wood and d) are made in China. Don't get me wrong, I bear no malice towards things made in China, however, I have noticed a certain lack of quality in all items that I've purchased the last few years that have been made in China. I'd hate to drop $4000 on a piano and have it sound like crap or crack or something because of poor workmanship.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but we're going to England for two weeks at Christmas. It will probably be freezing cold there (what with the excessive humidity).

No comments: