Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to the blog of Sarah and Chris Rean.
This is for family and friends to whom we've given our blog address, and for nosy people who stumble across us and need some sort of anesthetic.
We're still waiting for Chris' immigration papers, we're thinking/hoping/wishing that they'll arrive the end of July/beginning of August.
Our house is conditionally sold, the buyers are waiting on financing so we've got out fingers crossed. We're happy with the price we got for it, and are now hunting for a new (to us) house. Actually, we're going out today with our Realtor Judi. At risk of sounding like a mindless idiot, house hunting is fun.
I'm home early from work today, my back was killing me. It kept seizing up, my Achilles tendons are excruciating, my left shoulder is virtually immobile and my neck feels like its got a rusty screw running through it. It's not been a fun few days. This afternoon I'm seeing Lisa, my massage therapist. I'm going to ask her if she thinks I'm a moron for staying at this job (YES, I am!) and if she thinks I'd be better off at a desk job. (Definitely!) If only for my mental health I should be at a desk job, the only intellectual stimulation I get at this job is trying to ascertain what exactly possesses people to be such disgusting pigs (no offense to any pigs out there).

Chris is currently running a pipe through my dad's house. He wants an extra spigot outside so he can hook up his automatic watering system, and, as he's plumbing impaired, Chris gets to do it.
I bought him about 500 pounds of scrap metal the other day so that he can make things with his lathe. As usual he's very stoic about it but he's tickled pink.

Anyway, we've nothing more to say. (I was going to say nothing more interesting to say, but as I didn't say anything interesting to begin with, I don't think I can conclude with that.) Until next time.

No comments: