Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Getting there

Well, we saw a nice house yesterday with our Realtor. It is an older bungalow in Bowness, just within our price range. Gorgeous view, humongous yard and just the right size. However, it needs work so we decided not to stretch our budget for it. So back to the drawing board. There is a nice little bungalow in Coventry that we're eying that doesn't need much work.
I've got that day off work and am sitting on the couch with a hot pack on my back. I saw my massage therapist yesterday and she said that yes, I am getting worse, stress makes me worse and I should do a desk job. I was afraid that I had cancer or something because I had numbness and tingling in my left arm and both legs. She laughed and said that it's only because my muscles are spasming around the nerves. That was a great relief, I'd been planning my funeral and writing a will. Unfortunately I'm going to have to leave my job and get a desk job. I'm not looking forward to that conversation with my boss.
Chris and I are angry with immigration Canada (nothing new there) We looked at their list of processing times for various countries and were upset to see that people coming from Asia have a processing time of 4 months, whereas people coming from Europe have a processing time of 10 months. (Africa and South America were about 10 months, the middle east is 13 etc.) That doesn't sit well with us at all. I think it's absolutely unfair that people from Asia get into Canada in half the time as anybody else. Just more proof that the Canadian government is corrupt. I think everyone should be the same. (Well, honestly I think that English people should get in quicker but I'm a bit biased). S, there's my rant for the day.

No comments: