Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I thought I'd shared all our bad news but...

I thought I'd written a post about this. I guess I must have thought that I had but then forgotten that I'd forgotten... if that makes sense you're in need of medication!

I got home from Nanaimo on Friday February 27. On Sunday I left for Vegas with grandpa (we'd planned and booked and paid for the trip on Monday!) Vegas would have been nice except that grandpa was very ill, I honestly thought that I would be taking him home in a body bag!

At about 7:30 am on Tuesday I got a phone call from Chris. His voice was hoarse and he was very distracted. Finally he managed to blurt out that he was leaving for England in an hour because his mother had just had a heart attack and they didn't think she was going to make it through the night.

She passed away about 2 hours before he got there. He took two weeks off work (it took that long for bloody England to arrange the funeral!)

Meanwhile, on Tuesday morning, about 2 minutes before Chris' phone call, I'd taken my first dose of Clomid with the expectation that I would be seeing Chris in a few days and we'd have a chance to see if the Clomid actually works. *ahem* those of you who don't know what Clomid is, or why I needed Chris in order to see if it works should ask your mom about the birds and the bees.

I arrived home from Vegas on Thursday, spent a week loafing around the house with nothing to do. I slept with Mush at night because I didn't want to have to sleep alone.

Needless to say, the Clomid didn't work... for obvious reasons!

On a brighter note:

I've got a job, only temporary but still it's money in the bank.

I bought a new bed for Maya, she's now sleeping on: a 3 inch foam pad, a mattress topper, a camp blanket, an "orthopedic" pet bed and her blanky. I figure, what the hell, she's 14 she deserves a bit of comfort!

We're knuckling down to get the house ready to sell. Most of the work that needs doing is outside. It would be much easier to do (are you listening mother nature?) if there wasn't a thousand feet of snow outside! I mean really wtf? Are we suffering from global warming or what?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm unable to play the piano at the moment, the damper pedal is not working for some reason. I suspect that a certain feline may have dropped something down the piano and it dislodged something. I guess I'll find out once we scrape up the dough to get the piano man in to look at it.

No comments: