Monday, October 19, 2009

Good News and Bad News

I've had an anxious couple of weeks. I had my IUI treatment in September and was told to take a pregnancy test on October 11. I took the test on October 11 and it was negative. Meanwhile I've been miserably nauseous, able to smell a single scent molecule from a mile away and haven't have a period. Finally, tired of constantly carrying a pad around with me, and running to the bathroom every 3 microseconds to make sure I'm not bleeding and therefore ruining my trousers, I peed on a ClearBlue digital pregnancy test. I figured it would be negative (as usual) so left it to do its thing while I made myself a snack. Snack in hand I checked the stick and noticed that the digital read out read: "pregnant". I did a double take and read it again. It still said "pregnant". Utterly speechless I grabbed poor Chris by the scruff of the neck and dragged him (poor thing was quite confused by my behaviour) and thrust the stick at him. I then burst into tears (like you do).

I have, of course, called every living person within the Mountain time zone to share my news.

I'm absolutely ecstatic at the moment. I had really started to give up hope. I thought we would certainly be going through IVF and that even that would probably fail. I'm nervous about a miscarriage but I will cross that bridge if I come to it.

On the bad news side of things. I called my mother to tell her the good news and she informed me that my biological father was in the hospital and will probably die tonight. I feel bad about that. Even though I barely knew him, I still love him and am sorry that he's dying. Obviously I can't go down to see him (and what would be the point?) I'll try to make it out to the funeral though.

In other news. I've got a job at the drop in centre in Calgary (a homeless shelter). I'm working as a medical office assistant with 2 doctors and an RN to whip into shape. I started on the 13th and am enjoying it so far.

No comments: